We love our historic market town, Horsham, and believe our guests will love it too. Here are some fun facts to get you excited about your visit.
- Horsham town was once known for its iron industry and produced cannons for the English army during the 16th century.
- Horsham park is home to a 19th century bandstand, which still hosts regular concerts and events.
- The town’s st. Mary’s Church has a 13th century tower and is considered one of the finest examples of English Gothic architecture.
- The Horsham Museum & Art Gallery features a collection of historic objects, art, and photographs that tell the story of the town’s past.
- Horsham has a thriving farmers’ market, which is held on the first Saturday of each month and features local produce and handmade crafts.
- The town is home to the Horsham District Year of Culture 2019, a year-long celebration of the area’s arts and cultural offerings.
- Horsham has a rich sporting history, with notable athletes including former England rugby player Vicki Cornborough and Olympic medalist Jo Pavey hailing from the town.
- The Warnham Local Nature Reserve is a popular spot for birdwatching and nature walks, with over 400 species of plants and animals found within its boundaries.
- Horsham was voted one of the top 10 market towns in England by Country Life magazine in 2019.